Course Information: EAP2121 Process Flowsheet Convergence in Aspen Plus
Review and analyze convergence and optimization features in Aspen Plus sequential run mode and learn how to solve convergence problems. Enables the attendee to develop more robust and efficient models of complex flowsheets.
To register for a class, click on a start date or the Register Now link in the table below. If a class is full, you may add yourself to the "Wait List" by clicking the "Wait List" link in the "Seats Available" column.
|You may request an alternate date or location (AspenTech or your company site) for this class by clicking the Request Training button below.|
|Request Training||E-mail Course Information to Friend|
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Price||Seats Available||Registration||Time-Address||Language|
|29-May-2013||29-May-2013||Seoul, Korea||KRW 275000||8||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|05-Jul-2013||05-Jul-2013||Virtual-EMEA||GBP 400||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|05-Jul-2013||05-Jul-2013||Reading, UK||GBP 400||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|12-Jul-2013||12-Jul-2013||Virtual-Americas||USD 600||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|19-Jul-2013||19-Jul-2013||Houston, TX||USD 600||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|13-Sep-2013||13-Sep-2013||Virtual-Americas||USD 600||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|20-Sep-2013||20-Sep-2013||Houston, TX||USD 600||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|31-Oct-2013||31-Oct-2013||Virtual-EMEA||GBP 400||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|08-Nov-2013||08-Nov-2013||Reading, UK||GBP 400||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|12-Nov-2013||12-Nov-2013||Virtual-Asia Pacific||SGD 740||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|12-Nov-2013||12-Nov-2013||Singapore||SGD 740||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|14-Nov-2013||14-Nov-2013||Houston, TX||USD 600||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
|27-Nov-2013||27-Nov-2013||Seoul, Korea||KRW 275000||12||Register Now||Logistics||English|
Training Course Data Sheet
Process Flowsheet Convergence in Aspen Plus
· Review convergence problems and examine methods to troubleshoot and handle them.
· Enables the attendee to develop more robust and efficient models of complex flowsheets
· Enables the attendee to efficiently optimize existing flowsheets
Who Should Attend
· Aspen Plus users who routinely work with complex flowsheets involving recycle streams, Design-Specs, Fortran blocks, or optimization
· Course notes containing lecture materials, examples, and workshops are distributed
· Lecture topics are reinforced with workshops throughout the day
· Questions relating the course material to real life problems are encouraged
· Must have attended the ‘Process Modeling Using Aspen Plus’ training course
· Familiarity with the Aspen Plus graphical user interface
· Previous exposure to convergence issues within Aspen Plus will be beneficial
EAP2121 Process Flowsheet Convergence in Aspen Plus - Course Agenda
· Review and explain the sequential modular strategy
· Review and explain the features of the control panel and the information it displays
· Review and explain how Aspen Plus analyzes the flowsheet, identify the tear streams
· Review and explain the different settings for tear streams (variables, component groups, tolerance, tear stream selection, reconcile feature)
· Workshop: Change an existing simulation to handle tear stream convergence.
· Review and explain how convergence of design specifications is handled
· Review and explain the Secant method and its parameters
· Review and identify some design specification convergence problems
· Workshop: Troubleshoot design specifications.
· Review and explain how to configure the convergence methods
· Review and explain how to specify the calculation sequence
· Workshop: Compare various convergence methods and sequencing options.
· Review and explain calculator blocks (information flow, tear variables)
· Identify common convergence problems in Sequential Modular mode
· Review how to solve common convergence problems
· Workshop: Apply troubleshooting advice to various convergence problems.
· Review and explain the capabilities and use of Optimization in Sequential Modular (SM) mode
· Workshop: Setup an Optimization case in Aspen Plus Sequential Modular run mode.
Aspen Technology, Inc. ® awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for training and development activities conducted by our organization in accordance with the definition established by the International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET). One CEU is granted for every 10 hours of class participation.