· Review and explain the sequential modular strategy
· Review and explain the features of the control panel and the information it displays
· Review and explain how Aspen Plus analyzes the flowsheet, identify the tear streams
· Review and explain the different settings for tear streams (variables, component groups, tolerance, tear stream selection, reconcile feature)
· Workshop: Change an existing simulation to handle tear stream convergence.
· Review and explain how convergence of design specifications is handled
· Review and explain the Secant method and its parameters
· Review and identify some design specification convergence problems
· Workshop: Troubleshoot design specifications.
· Review and explain how to configure the convergence methods
· Review and explain how to specify the calculation sequence
· Workshop: Compare various convergence methods and sequencing options.
· Review and explain calculator blocks (information flow, tear variables)
· Identify common convergence problems in Sequential Modular mode
· Review how to solve common convergence problems
· Workshop: Apply troubleshooting advice to various convergence problems.
Performing SM Optimization in Aspen Plus
· Review and explain the capabilities and use of Optimization in Sequential Modular (SM) mode
· Workshop: Setup an Optimization case in Aspen Plus Sequential Modular run mode.